+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The 'Boo show...

Default The 'Boo show...

Went to the Bamboo show at Camp Sherman yesterday, and MAN, there were some absolutely AMAZING rods there! Not only new ones, but a bunch of restored ones as well. Got a chance to cast a nice little Granger Victory, and it just KILLS me that I didn't buy it then (the guy was only wanting $400 for it). I think next year I'm going to have to make it a point of not walking away from there empty handed. Oh, and a guy there took a picture of me casting the Granger and said he's going to use me in one of his paintings. Pretty Cool! I will definitely be back there next year!

Regards,
    Joe Martin
    Salem, OR

P.S. Also caught a few nice sized cutthroat on a "secret" stretch of river that Clyde and I found. And no, I won't tell you where it is

I tried to tell folks just how swell the meeting has become. Hard to believe.

JC, yes the show was good, even after Joe got done droolin all over the Granger. The best part to me was after when two FAOLrs went fishing. No your not gonna get the location from me either.Im going back this weekend to chase some cutts. Again JCand LF thanks for this site. It brought two fly tyers/ boo addicts together.

Isn't the Camp Sherman store right out of a Haig Brown book? I knew it before the bridge had the little benchs and all but even today, you gotta like that store? Did any of you make it into the Fly Fisher Place in Sisters? That's a nice fly shop too.

[This message has been edited by Jonezee (edited 16 July 2006).]

+ Reply to Thread