+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brand New Fisher

Kermit...
    In my opinion one of the least expensive reels on the market is as good as any you will need for a long time> I have one that I expected to be less than adequate I bought it anyway. It has an adjustable drag that actually works fine. It only weighs 3.5 ounces and ballances my one weight rod perfectly. I believe that this is my third or fourth year with this reel and it has performed far beyond my expectations. I prefer it to one I have that cost eight times as much.

The reel...Cabellas 567 price $20.00 us
    extra spool price $9.00 us
    IMHO This reel can not be beat money considered.

Ol' Bill

Thanks, I'll check into that. Have any of you heard of Dragonfly? I'm still looking for their site, but through my e-mail relays with a whole buncha shops in my area the Dragonfly Kamloops is supposed to be the cheapest running at around $20 CND. Any info on them would be great. Cheers!

Toad

Sorry for the double post, but could I have some more info on the Sage 1201 that came up in this thread? I'm confused cause it is not on the Sage site and one shopkeep said that it was just a cheap Korean reel with Sage stamped on the front. Thanks.

Toad

Toad,

Check out some of the combos at Cabela's. I have found that you really can't go too wrong with their stuff. They have great combos at "beginner" prices. Also if you can get to a streamside flyshop, many of them have used rigs that will serve you well.

Kermitthetoad,

I found some info on the SAGE 1201 on this site, and it has pictures. Maybe this will help with your decision.

[url=http://www.flyfishusa.com/reels/sage-1201.htm:f58ed]Look Here[/url:f58ed]

+ Reply to Thread