+ Reply to Thread

Thread: *********Rod build for Hairwig530 donation**************

NewTyer 1 Guest

Default *********Rod build for Hairwig530 donation**************

I'm looking for someone willing to donate some of thier time to build a rod I have for Jerry. As you know, his house was broken into and most of his fishing stuff was taken.

What I have....

Batson Ent. Rainshadow RX-6 8'6" 4pc. 5wt. blank

Snakebrand guides, stripper, hook keeper

cork cigar grip with walnut insert and locking hardware

everything needed to complete this build, even the thread

I supply the materials if you will supply the time and ship to Jerry. I would also like it to be inscribed as a gift from all his friends from FAOL. Is there anyone willing to take on this project>

Scott ....
    PM sent
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

This is already in the works, now if someone would like to come up with a tube for it, that would be great. My wife has already committed to the sock for it.

NewTyer 1 Guest

Betty, thank you for your offer. It was very kind of you. Ron has already agreed to take on the task. I hadn't thought of a tube, that would be awesome. It needs to fit a 8'6" 4pc rod. Maybe a soft reel on rod case would be nice. I am also going to look and see if I may have a reel. I have one in mind but I think it may be to heavy. It is marked 7/8 but, size wise it is more of a 5/6 but it is heavy. That is my concern. So if someone would help out with a reel and someone else with a line and maybe some backing, we will have set Jerry up for spring thaw. I don't know about anyone else but, this giving stuff makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Just an update on Jerry's rod, well it is finally a work in progress. I finally had some time to get it started. The build will now be one of my 7'6" 4wt 4pc Goldeneye's with an LC1 Lemke seat and walnut insert, coupled with The universal Snake brand guides
    Builds 002.jpg

His is the 4th one from the left

Jerry is set up with reels, lines, and backing. Go on you all for doing the rod.

To Ron, Paul, Bill, Steve and an endless array of fly-fishing "all-stars," I thank you for the kindnesses that you've sent my way, the support that many of you have shown me, and for your prayers and good wishes all-around. It has meant the world to me and mine, and the efforts will never be forgotten!!! If ever I can do for any of you 1/100th of the blessings you've given to me, you only need to ask. It would be my honor... Jerry, aka hairwing530

+ Reply to Thread