+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fountainhead Tenkara Fly Rods

Hybrid View

Default Fountainhead Tenkara Fly Rods

Hello Eveyone
    Anyone have any experience with this line of Tenkara rods? Any opinion would be appreciated. Seems to be an inexpensive way to try out the Tenkara way of flyfishing.
    Thanks in advance....Bernie

I did a review of them a while back. Good rods for the price: http://www.tenkaratalk.com/2012/02/f...tone-fly-rods/

Jason's review is helpful, so do check it out. He focuses on the Stone Fly series. Chris Stewart has had a look over these rods too. His review is of the Caddis line here and I found it pretty accurate. He describes the Caddis as a decent low-cost "starter" rod for the tenkara curious. I resemble that statement - I started tenkara fishing with the Fountainhead Caddis 330 and I've been hooked since. Actually, I'd be willing to sell my Caddis 330 if you're interested.

My friend has a 360 Stone and it fish's very well. It is a popular rod for the starter.

Brandon

Hey Guys....thanks to all for the quick responses. I think I will go for the Stone fly series.
    Thanks again
    Bernie

Quoting from Jason's review above "With the Caddis Fly tenkara rods, Fountainhead has created an entry level rod for people who are intrigued by the whole idea of tenkara, but aren't yet sold enough to buy even a medium priced rod." that was me. I ordered and recieved my 12 ft caddis rod in a day or two. I have more rods and reels than I actually need due to transactions on the FOR SALE forum(:>). The combination of the $55 price and discussion wiht one of my campers outside of YNP last summer caught my interest to have Santa get one for me. Due to surgery I haven't tried it out yet but am looking forward to Smokies Trout and the bluegills in my lake.
    Last edited by Kytroutbum; 01-27-2013 at 08:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread