+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Excitment!

Default Excitment!

Hi,

It seems like forever since I've been out fishing. Ever since Gregor was on his way I've been shore bound. However, he's now 18 months, and it's summer, and a long weekend. I picked up a new rod (a Hanak, 10 foot, 5 weight) recentl and I'm just aching to give it a go. So, it's off to Ngongotaha for us this weekend, and fishing the Waiteti stream mouth on Lake Rotorua. I should be able to get some time on the Ngongatha as well, though that can be pretty tough going (very close, mostly flicking not casting) and I'm quite rusty at the best of times. Also, some friends are meeting us there, and they've never fly fished before so they may give it a go, and the Waiteti is much better for learning on. Will see. Anyway, I'm quite excited. Should be good fun. I have Genesta's rod ready as well, in case she wants to try. Weeee!

- Jeff
    Am fear a chailleas a chanain caillidh e a shaoghal. -

He who loses his language loses his world.

Best wishes for a great fishing experience for you and your mates!

Good luck! I'm anticipating seeing your pictures soon!
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

What???!!!??? Gregor is 18 months already????!!!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

I'm glad you are getting out with the family Jeff. Have a good time. We loved Rotorua. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Sounds like a great time. Hopefully time won't go by to fast so you can savor your time on the water and with family and friends. Enjoy!
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Well Jeff, I was going to invite you out for a salt fly fish on Monday, but I guess you will be on your way back from Rotorua, hope you have a great time, I hear the fish are stacked up at the Awahau and Hamurana river mouths!
    Did you get any fishing in while you were in Nova Scotia?
    All the best.
    Mike

NewTyer 1 Guest

Good luck and have tons of fun. I can tell by your post that you are very excited. Don't forget to tell us how you did and show us some pictures

+ Reply to Thread