Jesse,

I will make an attempt at this and understand that this is just what I would attempt and it may not work. First, there are fish at the 2 to 8 positions because of more oxygen and food coming in from the "float tube eating" current.

I am not sure that the fish in the deeper hole need to come up for food because the current is bringing plenty of food to them down deeper. If this is an eddy formed by the current, that means that water coming from the right past the point of rocks is circling back on the opposite side of the rock point and forming an eddy and since this hole is deeper, food is circling down deeper. If I was there and presented with this, I would probably tie on one of my weighted flymphs and cast it up into the current and allow the current to carry the flymph down past the rock point and you should notice that the fly line will stop and start to circle back into the eddy. When this is noticed, you should mend some line upstream to allow the reverse current to pull your fly up and into the eddy. I would make sure there is enough fly line out so the flymph can be carried to the fish in the deeper pool. If it is a true eddy, the current will also drive the flymph down deeper as well as carry it back upstream into the eddy. If there is trash in the eddy, it should be close to the bottom and I feel the fish will rise from the trash and take the flymph and if the hole is 10 foot deelp, you may not see the fish take the fly, but, your fly line should let you know if you watch it closely. If I was there to actually see this situation, I may tackle it differently, but, from the picture and your description, the above is what I would try.

Now for the problem with sunken logs and brush, that is why you tie your own flies.