+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oregon FAOLers

Default Oregon FAOLers

Hey all, I was over at a fellow (Fishnburger) FAOLers place today to look at a couple of rods he's working on, and we decided that we would head over the the 'boo thing at Camp Sherman together this next Saturday (the 15th). We're planning on hitting the show earlier on in the day, then heading out to go fish later in the afternoon. So, I thought this would be a great chance for us Oregon FAOLers to get together to look at some lovely rods and get some good fishing time in, and mostly, just get to meet each other face to face. Feel free to email me about this. Hope to see ya there.

Regards,
    Joe Martin
    Salem, OR
    Photojoe4@aol.com

Photojoe4;
    Although it's to far for me I think that your effort to put faces to names is out standing! I have found that the good friend's made here are even greater in person. Follow up with a report on how it goes.

------------------
    Don't forget the Michigan Fish-In August 14th to the 20th. The Holy Water's of the Au Sable await you!!

Cactus

Oregon FAOLrs, Im the one Joe got together with. He didnt mention but we would also at some point like to do an Oregon fishin. Anyway if anyone else in Oregon is going to the show, email either Joe or myself so we can put names to faces

did either of you fellows make the Davis Lake gathering in June? There were 60-70 of us there. Thoughts of doing it again next year.

I have never fished the MEtolius and I have heard the the bamboo show is incredible. Maybe I will drive over there this year for the show. I get my first bamboo rod on Monday.

------------------
    "Give me ambiguity or give me something else"

[This message has been edited by Gardenfish (edited 08 July 2006).]

Oregon, Oh your making me crazy. I live in Southern California and expect that the escrow on the house I bought on the North Umpqua river will be closing this weekend.

It's about one mile up from the Winchester dam and fish ladder.
    The worse part is that I have to wait (possibly 4 years)before I can move up there.

Gardenfish-
    Nope, I couldn't make the Davis Lake thing, I had to work. As far as hitting the Metolius, well, it's right there, so we'll probably hit that first. But with the bamboo show going on, I imagine it's going to be pretty packed. There was talk of hitting the Santiam, but no real concrete plans...

mtb4jc-
    Don't worry, we'll save some fish for you Sounds like we're going to have to meet up at your place when you get moved in!

Jack-
    I'll definitely post a report!

I've got to make the CS Boo event one of these years. I've got a trip planned to CA this weekend so will miss it again. I would imagine the works of art at this event are a bit breathtaking. Of course if I did attend ... I'd be robbing next months grocery budget to order a Kusse boo. Capture some images and post em for us absentees!

I plan on going... meeting up with some Westfly folks for lunch at the CS store...
    Later,
    Peter

I cant make to the show but I would deffinatly be into an Oregon fishin.

------------------
    Born to fish forced to work.
    Alan

Sorry you guys are missing the event... one of the very BEST... in the west. Certainly far beyond anything CA has ever attempted. You will miss a lot of education.

+ Reply to Thread