Jerry, your post really made me angry. The last time I encountered something like this was when I was helping Homes For Our Troops build a specially adapted house with state of the art features to make it accessible and useable by a young vet who had become a quadriplegic in Iraq. There was lots of signage posted about what the construction project was. Over 4th of July weekend, thieves broke into the container box there and stole all of the contractor tools in it. Animals!!

In that case, Home Depot heard about the theft and quickly donated a full set of replacement tools, without seeking any publicity on this good deed.

Let us be your "Home Depot" on this by letting us know what equipment and supplies you need replacing. Do NOT think of it as asking for charity. Instead, you are giving us the privilege of feeling good about helping out a fellow fly fisher. I think the response will surprise you, help restore your faith in the overall human race, and give you the good vibes you need to stay in remission.

Trust me on this. 8 years ago, my family experienced a much different, but equally devastating, crisis. The amazing support we received from the fly fishing community still influences the way I feel about the human race today.

Brad