Tuesday morning, while my wife and I were at my oncologist's appointment and our 19-year old daughter was at the vet's office with our Maine Coon Cat, three "meth-heads" decided what was mine should be their's, and they proceeded to make it so. Not only did they rip off my fly-tying vises, almost all of my fly rods, more electronic gear than I care to list and an old shotgun, they then decided to try and wreck everything that they couldn't carry! They broke the stained-glass inserts on a couple of cabinets, took a hammer or tire iron to my roll-top, dumped book shelves over and then finished it all with emptying boxes of hooks onto a carpeted floor. And, if that wasn't enough, they finished things with breaking out the glass in the porch and front doors.

What in God's name gives someone the right to "violate" someone else's home? Forget the fact that I'm still trying to regain my footing after last year's battle with a third brain tumor. These @^%$#^&* didn't just rob the place... they DESTROYED it! And, what I really want to know is WHY??? For kicks? For meth supplies??? Somebody please help me make some sense of this, as my fishing buddies and I have been working non-stop over the last 48 hours to "right" the place again.

As the title of this rant states, "It takes a lot of nerve and a whole bunch of stupidity" to do what they did. And, now I'm on the hook for it all because of the fact that my homeowner's insurance only pays for one such claim in a three or five-year period! Yes, we were hit once before within the last 30 months. It seems to happen a lot here on the river, as most of the places are empty during the winter months. That is, except ours...

If you've guessed that I'm still PO'd, you're right... I guess that I just don't understand people these days as well as I once did...

Sorry to go on and on. After finding getting my "full remission status," life was looking up again. Until Tuesday morning...

Thanks for letting me vent, my friends... Jerry, aka hairwing530, aka "Captain Hooks" the PO'd