Thread: Tyflyz Toolz Hackle Pliers

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Sanders View Post
    I think those would work much better if you inserted the hackle stem straight into the 'jaw' part, rather than across it like in the picture.

It would certainly wrap easier that way, and probably hold better too.

Buddy
    BINGO!
    I have quite the collection of hackle pliers and just knew there had to be something better. These are better by a very long shot.

How do I love thee my new hackle pliers...? Let me count the ways...
    1 - You are light weight with just enough weight to stay put when needed.
    2 - You are compact to slip into tight spaces and allow me to use every last part of a biot or feather.
    3 - You are well polished and smooth. At the business end attribute #2 is great but being polished you don't grab, snag, break or fray the thread.
    4 - You follow both the 'less is more' and the 'form follows function' rules of elegant simple design that works and works well.
    5 - With the material being held in line with the brass tube you grip more than adequately for most any job. There is some sort of substance in the tube to aid in gripping.
    6 - The price is as good as it gets. I would have the Petitjean pliers but like being married. After using this Tyhlyz tool I'm glad I held off on that purchase.
    7 - You are just plain simple and intuitive to use and are extremely ergonomic and not in the least cumbersome.

Every so often a product comes out that breaks convention and sets a new high standard. This is one of those products.

ps... the above picture with a feather in the jaw in my opinion has the feather inserted about 90 degrees off from being mounted properly. Putting the stem perpandicular to the brass tube as pictured above just seems to defeat the purpose of the design of these pliers.
    Last edited by Jackster; 02-18-2013 at 05:12 AM.