+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to best use the posts?

Hybrid View

Default How to best use the posts?

Okay, I'm looking for suggestions. I love the SBS posted here, try to imprint them on my feeble gray matter. What is the most efficient way to use as I tie? I know someone has developed a technique that will help!
    Thanks,
    Mike

NewTyer 1 Guest

If you want to print them off, you can copy and paste into a word document, from there you can either print or save it to a folder on your computer.

Yeah, saving and printing is an option. I've done it before and I guess that is the way to go again.
    Thanks,
    Mike

I'd suggest trying Evernote (http://evernote.com/). It's basically a web clipping / note taking application. It will work on your PC, Tablet, and Smartphone and your notes are sync'ed to the cloud so that they are easily shared among devices. Make sure you get the web clipping plug-in for your browser. And, it's free (up to a fairly large cloud storage limit).

Basically you mark any information -- text and / or images -- you are viewing in your browser and then click the Evernote button in your browser and Evernote will create a note with the information. Then you can view the note, edit the note -- maybe you don't need all of the pictures or you want to add a comment / tip of your own, and print the note. You can also organize your notes in different notebooks and put tags on them -- for example, you could have a notebook for "Flies" and tags for "Dry Flies", "Nymphs", etc. Notebooks and tags make it easier to find your notes later.

Thanks John. I'll have to switch to the laptop from the Mac, but it might be easier than cutting, pasting and resizing everything on the Mac. Just checked, I'll need a new Mac to run it. I need a higher system than I have now. Well, been thinking about an update anyway!
    Mike

There's probably a better way but I use...
    CutePDF Writer...it creates a pdf file and it's free
    Click on it...it's in my printer
    Click print
    It doesn't actually print it but asks what folder I want the pdf to go to so I send it to the appropriate folder in my computer.
    If it's one that I especially want to have handy I may do a hard copy

This will grab a whole thread or a whole FOTW or whatever I highlight if I don't want the whole thread.

I second Evernote. There are Evernote "clipper" extensions for both Chrome and Firefox. You just click a button and it takes a copy of the entire page and files it automatically into a notebook of your choice. Evernote syncs across different machines and platforms (Mac, Windows, iPhone, iPad, Android, etc).

Of course, now I have tons of SBS filed to my notebooks, but not enough time to tie them all.

+ Reply to Thread