Quote Originally Posted by John Rhoades View Post
I know a little bit about the areas you indicated that you are thinking of visiting, as I reside about half the year on the Yellowstone River in Paradise Valley, 35 miles north of Yellowstone National Park, and I fish the Yellowstone River or other places in the area practically every day from May to early October.

That is such a large area you are thinking of visiting, however, and with such a large variety of fishing opportunities, that it might help those of us giving you suggestions, if we had a better idea about the type of fishing you and (presumably your wife?) are looking for. Large rivers or smaller ones? Lakes perhaps? Public water or private? Do you want to walk in (read as "hike" in) or fish road side? Are you looking for a drift boat float fishing trip with a guide, a walk-in trip, or something other?
We have never been to that part of the country, so we are trying to combine some fly fishing with sight seeing. This is why it seems like I am covering a pretty large area. What we are looking for is two or three full day fly fishing trips with guides. We would like to include a float trip along with a couple of guided trips to rivers or streams. We are not yet zeroed in on exactly where to go, but that area around Yellowstone looks attractive to us. You guys have given me some great thoughts and I really appreciate it.
We have fly fished in Arkansas, Tennessee and North Carolina and I am to the point of enjoying fly fishing more than running offshore in my boat that sits at my dock in the back yard.