+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yellow Boa Yarn

Hybrid View

Default Yellow Boa Yarn

I know a lot of you have tied the boa yarn flies. I need help finding the yellow boa yarn. I have tried over a half dozen sites on Internet, many Walmarts, Hobby Lobbys, and fabric stores and no one has the yellow boa yarn. Can you please help me? Thanx in advance, mathcarver

here's some that maybe what your looking for on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Crafts-/1433...ellow+boa+yarn

Mike
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" -John Buchan

None around Paris either. I did find a gold color yarn that had loops on one side. Split the loops and tied it up on a streamer hook. It looks pretty shaggy like a leech. Only $1 at Big Lots. Have not fished with it yet.

Bob9

I think we have a case of temperature discrimination. It doesn't get cold enough in McComb or Paris for the store to have a demand for that product in your area.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Shoot me a PM with your address...... I have some.
    The Green Hornet strikes again!!!

I just did a search for 'Bernat Boa Yarn' and found this. There are other sites selling this stuff too.

http://www.yarnsupply.com/bernat-boa...creative_id%5D

Allan

Found some yellow:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-5-X-50g-BALLS-YELLOW-TASMIN-EYELASH-FEATHER-KNITTING-YARNS-WOOL-TRIMS-CRAFTS-/281049177974?pt=UK_Crafts_Knitting_Crochet_EH&hash =item416fd61f76

I can't vouch for how it compares to what I've used in the past...it is a different brand. The color looks pretty close, based on the picture. Buy at your own risk.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

FishnDav, I looked at the yarn on the website you furnished. It looks like it to me. I am hoping some others on FAOL will look at it and give their opinion. I did have a yarn company contact me today and say that Bernat no longer makes the yellow that we use. Thanks again for website. mathcarver

Blog Entries

A couple quick points about color because several posts here show a bit of a misunderstanding ... UV light is a wave length outside the visual range of most humans. The wave length is too long for us to see it. When a black light is turned on we see the tiny visual spectrum parts of its output, but not its primary output.

When that UV light hits a fluorescent material it refracts the light waves in a shorter wave length. Most materials reflect it as the same wave length or refract it to a longer wave length. Very, very few actually fluoresce with a shorter wave length...

UV light is a good thing for flies because it penetrates water farther than any color in the visible spectrum. Many fish can see UV which is outside our visible spectrum.

When colors fluoresce under UV (blacklight) they show what happens when a fly is reached only with UV... It refracts the mostly invisble UV as a shorter, and now visible wavelength.

So the light is carried to depth invisibly and then converted to a color fish can see at much greater depth...

Hope this helps...
    art

+ Reply to Thread