+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Yellow Boa Yarn

Eye lash, from what I have seen has much long, thinner, spaser strandsthat boa yarn. different manufactures call things different things.
    Search boa yarn flies. It was the FOTW Long ago.

Rick

Rick:
    Should have known it was available. Thanks for the difference between eye lash and boa.
    Bill

Last night I ordered 2 skeins of the yellow boa yarn that FishnDave posted website on from above. Suppose to get it next week. Will let all of you know how it looks when it gets here. Thanks to all of you for everything. Bob

Are you sure you ordered 2 skeins...or 10? I had also ordered...one order was for 5 skeins, the way I read it?
    My order supposedly shipped on Wednesday, but as its coming from the UK, it may take a couple weeks. I think the material style should be good, I'll let you know how the yellow color compares to the other brand(s) I have already.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

FishnDave your were right about the amount of boa yarn. I ordered 2 skeins thinking that was 2 bundles of yarn and I got 10 bundles instead. Looks to be exactly what we are presently using with the exception that it is a MUCH BRIGHTER and shinier yellow. Bundles are not quite as large as what we get here. I know a lot of you are probably tired of boa yarn posts but I told you I would let you know what it looked like when I got it. Thanks everyone for you input. This is by far the best fly fishing forum in existence. mathcarver

Thanks for the update! I haven't gotten my order yet, unless it came in today's mail.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

It came in today's mail. Looks good! Just slightly deeper yellow, and bright. I think it gonna work great!
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

+ Reply to Thread