+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yellow Boa Yarn

Default Yellow Boa Yarn

I know a lot of you have tied the boa yarn flies. I need help finding the yellow boa yarn. I have tried over a half dozen sites on Internet, many Walmarts, Hobby Lobbys, and fabric stores and no one has the yellow boa yarn. Can you please help me? Thanx in advance, mathcarver

here's some that maybe what your looking for on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Crafts-/1433...ellow+boa+yarn

Mike
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" -John Buchan

None around Paris either. I did find a gold color yarn that had loops on one side. Split the loops and tied it up on a streamer hook. It looks pretty shaggy like a leech. Only $1 at Big Lots. Have not fished with it yet.

Bob9

I think we have a case of temperature discrimination. It doesn't get cold enough in McComb or Paris for the store to have a demand for that product in your area.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Shoot me a PM with your address...... I have some.
    The Green Hornet strikes again!!!

This has come up before. I can't find it at a store either. Got a couple feet at a yard sale last spring but thats all.
    Sometimes the other ones go away, but I'm always right here.

It is just about impossible to find, unfortunately. I bought some on eBay that turned out to be a bit of a darker yellow ("goldenrod") than what I was hoping. The best yellow boa yarn I've used is a nice bright yellow that is made by Mei Mei. Rick Z had sent me a skein of it several years ago. In the same sharing spirit he exhibited, I in turn have gifted quite a bit of it to others.

My "lifetime supply" may not actually last me that long, but I can still share.

There are a number of manufacturers that sell boa yarn...it surprises me the lack of availability of many of the colors we are interested in. In addition to the yellow, other colors of it that are worth using include black, white, various shades of gray/silver, and orange. Brown, purple, ...I've seen a lime/chartreuse color that my neighbors used in some crafts, but I haven't seen it sold anywhere. Strange, right?
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Blog Entries

Wouldn't white boa yarn and a supply of Sharpies cover a multitude of colors?

Ed

[QUOTE=EdD;471365]Wouldn't white boa yarn and a supply of Sharpies cover a multitude of colors?

Ed[/QUOTE

Ed: I tried that some years back. Did it work? Yes. Easy to do No - a pain in the rear .

Tim

+ Reply to Thread