+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: UPDATE: On my daughter

NewTyer 1 Guest

Thank you Jerry. Kevin, how are you doing my friend? You don't know how upset I was when I heard of your illness and hospital stay. It took me totally by surprize. I will pray for you as I also pray for Jerry.

Scott,

Not sure how I missed this thread, but our prayers are with you and your family. Glad everything seems to be progressing well.

Paul
    Life is expensive... but it does include a free trip around the sun.
    Mottled Fly Fisher - My Fishing Blog

Blog Entries

Thank you, Scott. I'm doing very well for someone that wasn't supposed to survive to go home back in May. I'm not going anywhere any time soon. We seem to have the cancer slapped down pretty well for the time being. Just taking things day by day, enjoying friends and family and all the other blessings the good Lord has given me.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Kevin, I think I told you the story of my old friend in Mississippi, Adrian Crum. Sometimes in the early eighties he had a cancer the size of a grapefruit removed from his lungs. A few months later he had surgery again and the doctors gave him a few months to live. The last I heard a few years ago he was still bird hunting for quail. It was a well after the doctors wrote him off.
    Last edited by Uncle Jesse; 01-09-2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: correct poor typing
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Very similar to my father. He was diagnosed with a melanoma tumor on his optic nerve, and doctors said it had spread to his stomach and liver. They gave him 6 months to a year to live. 6.5 years later, he is still going strong and this past year he learned how to fly fish. The main issue that we discovered, is that with only one eye, wade fishing is not for him (No depth perception).

Paul
    Life is expensive... but it does include a free trip around the sun.
    Mottled Fly Fisher - My Fishing Blog

NewTyer 1 Guest

On the opposite side of the coin, my dad was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer after doing exploritory surgery and died within three months of the surgery on New Years Day. The upside, my daughter was born Dec. 20 of the same year so, we took her to my dad in Hospice and let him hold her. He could not speak, smile or blink his eyes so we did not know if he even comprehended who it was until we went to pick her back up and he pulled her back. He died the following day with me and my brother there at his side. It was very hard for me, my father and I were very close. The fact that my daughters birth took place just shortly before my fathers untimely demise leads me to believe that in some way, there is some of my father in her.

+ Reply to Thread