Step 1- Take a razor blade or scissors and cut a 1/2" chunk of q-tip off

Step 2- You want to make a small lip on the end of one side of your tube. Take the chunk of tube you just cut and use a lighter and slowly roll the tube between your fingers while holding it close enough to the flame that it melts the tip just enough to make the lip you want. You roll it between your fingers so it makes the lip even.

Step 3- Put the needle in your vice like you would a hook, I cut the tip of the needle so it does not poke me and so you do not have a long piece sticking out while tying the fly

Step 4- Slide the tube on and make sure you slide it far enough back so it does not spin while tying the fly

Step 5- Start right behind the lip and wrap your thread back a little bit.

Step 6- Pick out a piece of black and a piece of purple marabou and strip the first few fibers off the bottom of the feather. You will be palmering these forward so make sure the feathers you pick have long flowing fibers

Step 7- Tie in your marabou at the tip you stripped

Step 8- Palmer your black marabou forward and tie off

Step 9- Tie in 4 pieces of pearl crystal flash on each side of the fly

Step 10- Tie in your purple marabou at the tip as you will be palmering it forward like you did with the black marabou

Step 11- Palmer your purple marabou forward and tie off

Step 12- Whip finish

Step 13- Apply a drop of head cement

Step 14- It a personal choice weather you like to do this or not but I take a piece of surgical tubing and super glue it onto the tube. You can then slide the eye of your hook into the tubing and it will hold it there.What this does is it prevents the fly from sliding away from the hook while fishing it.