First Rod build complete. 3 wt Baston Rainshadow
Here is the finished rod. I was able to yard cast it, and it really shot line out nicely. I had fun, learned a bunch and I have a bunch more to learn. I am very excited about how it turned out, and can't wait to build the next one. I tapered my trim wraps all the way to one wrap, which was a huge challenge for me, and I have to admit I did not like how they were looking until I applied my first coat of epoxy and was able to trim the tag ends. Now I am very pleased with how they look, and enjoyed every aspect of the project. I have decided to build one for each of my boys, so I have two more to build.