Hi Royce and Prairieschooner,

I bought the reel quite a while back on Ebay, and am thinking it came from an estate sale. It wasn't until recently that I thought about the tag. I had glanced at it when it first came in, but didn't think about the meaning of the "G", and I sort of remember that the "G" made little sense to me at the time. At any rate, now it would be pretty tough to go back and find out about it. The seller mentioned nothing about the line, except that it had line. I think he would have listed what the line was if he had known.

At any rate, knowing that it is a weight forward line and a 5 wt. is good, because I can't find my reel that had my wt. forward 5 wt. line on it, so this is now going to be the replacement if I can't find the other. I hope the rest of you are better organized than I am, and don't misplace stuff like fly reels.

Thank you to you all for the help. I originally was thinking that the line was a sinking line, but that is clearly not the case. In fact, I now think that if I had just done some good thinking in the first place I would not have had to post the question on the board, but I didn't. The information given by you all answered my main questions, and cleared up my thinking.

As always, the amount of knowledge and good advise that comes from here is amazing.

Again, thanks to you all.

Thanks and regards,

Gandolf