Greetings!
This is the first time I have posted in a LONG time. I want to say that this site is not some passing fancy. This is a community of very thoughtful people. I did my time at work for 27 yrs, making lots of money and getting toys. Now I am retired and doing volunteer work. The way I see it is that all the long hours I worked making lots of money did not help me be happy. The people that I volunteer to help have taught me that being quiet and listening to others is a key element to being happy.
FAOL is what makes me happy because of the high standards here. No one needs to be afraid of being made fun of for asking a question. I am in awe of the years of experience of JC & LF and many others that visit this site. The members of this site were not drawn here by some gimick or freebies. FAOL is the REAL DEAL.
I have watched sports for many years and when I see a athlete do something special, it makes me think of how lucky that person is doing what they love.
JC & LF must be doing what they love because this site is very special.
All the years I have flyfished, I have had people respond to me that "I could never learn to flyfish" This site takes that stumbling block away and is a great resource for everyone.
Thank You!
P.S. I would like to say hi to Joe Sanders, Cary Morlan and Jeff.
Sincerely,
Doug