+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Time flys.. :_)

Default Time flys.. :_)

Time flys, every winter I think I have plenty of time to get ready for March, (the time fly fishing for me starts to kick in.) Its already Jan. (close enough) and I havent started to tye my flys or get all my gear cleaned up and prept ready to go. 2 months is not alot of time when I let each day drift by thinking I have plenty of time... Then March is here.................... This thread is just a little reminder to me to get myself in gear...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

NewTyer 1 Guest

Grubb,

I too procrastinate but, luckily my gear got so little use last year that it is clean. Now flies are another story. Could luck and let this be a reminder to you.

GET TYING YOUR FLIES!!!

The best way there is to not be ready on time is to believe you have all the time you need and not have a deadline to complete a task.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Amen, Uncle Jesse. Got to establish the deadlines, and consequences if not met . . . Like only 2 fingers of Talisker at bedtime, instead of 3?

Cheers,
    Bob H

All my gear is now cleaned and organized.. I replaced my waders (finally after years..lol) replaced my too long hemostats with shorter ones, new improve smaller nippers, replaced the broken zingers ( those little things that pull out and retract on there on) replaced the boot strings in my wading boots... now to get some flys ready...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

Grubb revived a old thought lodged in the back of my brain. Shoe string - I had the thought some elastic cord and one of those little spring load things that you put on little kids' shoe strings would be a good way to deal with shoe string on wading boots. Has anyone tried that? How did it work?
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Upgraded my back packing tent, cleaned out and got my back pack all ready ... "Now the flys" ? lol

+ Reply to Thread