+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Contest: entries for cleanest tying station

Hybrid View

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh....can't find my tying desk.......it is somewhere underneath all the materials, tying tools, vises, etc. If it were clean, it would mean I am not busy, which means I would have no tying business. The big problem is keeping two dogs away from feathers, materials, and other tying stuff. The next big problem is keeping my wife and kids away from all my tying scissors. I need a top secret, hidden lab really. When, I start tying, my wife hollers for me wanting me to do something else (as well as ther kids). Then my wife ask me why I waited till late night to tie ??? Get a clue woman.....because you were bothering me all day (like I just snap my fingers and these patterns appear out of nowhere; luckily I have elves that tie some of the stuff like my Hydro-Psycho Caddis Larva). Sooooooooooooooo..........I lose..........my desk is one big chaotic mess !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MR.JML View Post
    If it were clean, it would mean I am not busy, which means I would have no tying business.
    That full-time?

I never work from home. If I did, I'd just be hit with errand after errand after errand.

This used to be a closet...actually it's fairly organized..

Blog Entries

That's actually a great idea. I want to know how many bobbin holders you have............

Quote Originally Posted by Byron haugh View Post
    That's actually a great idea. I want to know how many bobbin holders you have............
    Too many to count...can't seem to pass up those tie racks...lots of uses....BTW could you make out the Jvice in all that backround?

Blog Entries

I could. Looks fantastic! What is the printed photo on the lower left? Looks like a mayfly nymph?
    Last edited by Byron haugh; 12-28-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Ok, here's a picture of my fishing room.

I tie at the desk in the far left hand side of the room. All of the drawers in the desk are filled with fly tying materials, while the rest of my tying materials are in the closet at the far right. The closet has shelves pretty much from floor to ceiling.

Pretty clean looking, huh? Now, do I win, or loose?

John

Quote Originally Posted by Byron haugh View Post
    I could. Looks fantastic! What is the printed photo on the lower left? Looks like a mayfly nymph?
    At the risk of a highjack but you the originator asked....it's actually a golden stonefly nymph that I thought was a little different...here's a link in case you are interested...

http://globalflyfisher.com/patterns/gold_nugget/

+ Reply to Thread