+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest: entries for cleanest tying station

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    Looks like I'm the front runner, at least for the time being.

John
    Are we looking at green board or drywall thru the oversized toothpicks ?

sandfly/bob
    N.J.B.B.A. #2215
    I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
    from the outer edge of nowhere
    fly tying and fishing ghillie..

Hi JohnScott,

Yep, your bench looks pretty good. Yours looks like the "before" version of mine after I have been tying for a while.

My desk is pretty good concerning tying stuff now, as I had to clean it up because the grandkids were here, then I took the stuff with me on a trip so it is pretty good on tying stuff. The the rest of the junk, however, makes it look pretty horrible.

That said, I hope to start tying fairly soon, so it will be worse than yours in a while.

Regards,

Gandolf

image.jpg

My cats raid my bench on a regular basis, they ate my last partridge skin.

Anyone have a spare partridge skin for sale?

Hi stcroixguy,

Do you think one of the guys would be willing to trade a partridge skin for some cat fur? It might be a lot like rabbit, and you might post a color picture of the cat. (Just kidding.)

One of my daughters cats ate some of my hackle, so I have simpathy. Now when tying when visiting at their house I put away any natural materials, even if I leave the tying area for only a short time.

As bad as my tying bench is at times, I am glad that we don't have pets at our house.

Currently I am cleaning up my desk so I can get back to tying. Too many folders, books, papers, magazines, and just junk, etc., on my desk. If I get it cleaned up in the near future and start tying I will try to get a picture and have my wife help me put it in a post.

Regards,

Gandolf
    Last edited by Gandolf; 12-27-2012 at 07:57 PM.

I don't have a "desk" for tying. I use the kitchen table. I have to pack my stuff up when I'm done, just to keep the kids and the cats out of it.

I totally sympathize about cats getting into natural materials. I had an order come in over the summer, and THE VERY NEXT DAY one of the cats tore up a deer tail. They have also gotten a few of my feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by AllenOK View Post
    I don't have a "desk" for tying. I use the kitchen table. I have to pack my stuff up when I'm done, just to keep the kids and the cats out of it.
    Me too. I'm very jealous of the guys with desks....
    But my daughter goes away to college next September. Hmmm.....

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh....can't find my tying desk.......it is somewhere underneath all the materials, tying tools, vises, etc. If it were clean, it would mean I am not busy, which means I would have no tying business. The big problem is keeping two dogs away from feathers, materials, and other tying stuff. The next big problem is keeping my wife and kids away from all my tying scissors. I need a top secret, hidden lab really. When, I start tying, my wife hollers for me wanting me to do something else (as well as ther kids). Then my wife ask me why I waited till late night to tie ??? Get a clue woman.....because you were bothering me all day (like I just snap my fingers and these patterns appear out of nowhere; luckily I have elves that tie some of the stuff like my Hydro-Psycho Caddis Larva). Sooooooooooooooo..........I lose..........my desk is one big chaotic mess !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MR.JML View Post
    If it were clean, it would mean I am not busy, which means I would have no tying business.
    That full-time?

I never work from home. If I did, I'd just be hit with errand after errand after errand.

This used to be a closet...actually it's fairly organized..

+ Reply to Thread