Howdy to everyone. I'm really lovin' FAOL. I found it a few days ago and nearly went into withdrawal while the site was down.*G* I defragged my computer,called our ISP,and did everything I could to get FAOL back online. Then JH E mailed me with an explanation about the real problem.
I've been in the Chat Room and really get the feeling I'm among friends here. Nice feeling. Thanks bunches to JC and LF for starting & keeping FAOL alive and well.
I'm 61 with the body of an 80 year old.*G* I've been disabled since 1989 and 5 years ago was slowed down some more by an amputation. I've been fly fishing since I was about 10,but I'm a real greenhorn when compared to many of the folks here. I've always fished for anything and everything with anything and everything. An example is fishing for carp with a tiny hook baited with a wild cherry and an UL outfit. Great fun!! Imagine my amazement when I read about fly fishing for carp.
I'll admit to knowing little or nothing about fly selection, stream entomology and a myriad of other subjects that are second nature to some of you.
I was born and raised in Arkansas,but have never sampled their trout fishing except at Bear Creek Springs(not real fishing). I live in Texas now with my wife of 28 years,Judy,2 chihuahuas,5 indoor cats and an undetermined/varying number of outdoor cats.
The Angler's Hut Chat Room seems to be a great place to get acquainted and get answers to my questions and feel accepted. I've enjoyed all my time here and hope to continue to meet and learn from all of you.

rodgerole