I read an article recently extolling the virtues of longer rods for nymphing. While it wasn't strictly czech nymphing they were talking about, that and other methods where you're high sticking and leading the nymphs through the intended lie were clearly the types of nymphing these "new" rods were most intended for. Sounds like they're typically 10 to 11 feet long and 3 or 4 weight on average. I guess my question is, for those that have used them, do these rods make the kind of difference in your nymphing that justifies buying and using one in place of a more typical 9' rod? And to take it a step further, are they so "specialized" that it makes it awkward to fish dries or streamers when the opportunity presents itself in a day of fly fishing? Much as I wish I was fishing more pocket water or more heavily featured water, I spend a good deal of my time on a tailwater patterning relatively featureless and deep water, sometimes at distances that make high sticking an impractical choice. As a result, it's typically dead drift nymphing under an indicator. While a longer rod might offer some benefit it terms of mending in those circumstances, it's hard for me to imagine that being so great as to justify investment in another rod for that benefit alone. The other thing that's important to me is being able to have the flexibility to switch up as the opportunities present themselves, with minimal drop off in functionality. If I'm lucky enough that a hatch comes off, I like being able to switch over to dries without having to walk up to the bank and grab another rod. Likewise if circumstances call for streamer fishing. With most of the 9' rigs I fish with, I can comfortably switch to heavier flies or even second spools that I keep with sink tip lines. Much as I like to joke that there's always room for another gear purchase, for me to justify the expenditure, I'd have to feel like such a rod would make an appreciable difference in nymphing the kind of water I'm stuck with most of the time AND wouldn't leave me feeling like I was stuck with a very narrow purpose rod when the opportunity came up to fish some other way. Any thoughts?