+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carp Flyfishing

Hybrid View

Default Carp Flyfishing

The latest issue of the (free) online magazine "Carp Pro" is available. This issue is 100% dedicated to FLYFISHING for carp, with a bunch of great articles by the sport's best-of-the-best aficianados/authors/bloggers/fly tyers. These guys live and breath carp flyfishing. For those interested, I HIGHLY recommend you read this issue. I just discovered this a half-hour ago... only had time to skim a few articles (looked at ALL pics though :laughing7: ). These articles are extremely informative, and cutting-edge....this kind of info is hard won from bucketloads of on-the-water experience. When these guys talk, I listen.

I am not paid by this magazine, but am quite familiar with most of the authors in this issue. Whether you already flyfish for carp, or wonder what its all about...this is important and a great opportunity for learning.

http://www.carppro.net/CarpPro/Current_issue.html
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

I havent read it yet but it sure got some good articles in it. Its fun and challenging to get rough fish on the fly!

Tried to read it on my Andoid tablet, will have to check it out on my home computer. From what I have read it is very interesting and these guys have got it down to a fine art. As the auther says thier experience immediatly cuts down the learning curve for those starting out. Thanks for posting.

I hope you guys like it! Lots of good stuff in there...I was just happy to be included. Good timing on the release...i'm sure i'll read it several times during the long cold winter.

John, you are a big reason this issue has solid credentials. I mean, every one of the authors is big-time talented and experienced in flyfishing for carp (John B, Jean-Paul, Chris V, etc)... it just wouldn't have been the same WITHOUT you. I truly appreciate you and the rest of the "crew" sharing what you know. Thank you.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

I had a quick look at this publication and was amazed at the amount of great material here. This will make for hours of reading and learning how to improve at my attempts to catch these great gamefish. Thanks for posting this and thanks to the publishers and authors for making this possible.
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Linecaster View Post
    Tried to read it on my Andoid tablet, will have to check it out on my home computer. From what I have read it is very interesting and these guys have got it down to a fine art. As the auther says thier experience immediatly cuts down the learning curve for those starting out. Thanks for posting.
    Just completed reading it on my computer, very interesting and making the up coming Spring a time to look for carp.

Middle of May, it is GAME ON

Palm Bay, Florida/Rock River Wyoming, USA

many thanks for a refreshing read. I started chasing the big fellows in the 40s and still love them.
    Good Fishing,

Chuck S (der Aulte Jaeger)

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved"

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/

So it is the middle of May they start getting real active?
    All men are equal before fish.

-Herbert Hoover

Spare Time for Fish

+ Reply to Thread