That is precisely where I am at right now. Will there be a time in the future when I can fly fish again? Probably. However I may not want to. So now my gear is heading for eBay and the local kids through their schools. I need the money with medical bills piling up.

I have not only lost my ability to fly fish I have lost almost all interest in it. I need to concentrate on things less physically demanding things until I can get my surgeries done but it's not just that. The thrill of this sport is gone for me. I have changed as has the sport perhaps neither for the better. This used to be a simple, uncomplicated, relaxing sport for me at one time. Now I feel that fly fishing, like most of our sports, has been over commercialized.

Time to put the long rods, the tying gear, into the hands of the younger ones so I can concentrate on some more relaxing, healing activities. Breaking out the cameras and picking my Appalachain Mountain Dulcimer back up.

Before i go ask yourself What would you do when you can no longer fly fish? What will you do if you ever loose the passion for the sport?