Nighthawk,

I am in the same spot as you. Loss of interest, medical problems, etc. Don't tie any more cause it hurts too much - gave all my tying gear and supplies to one of my last living fishing buddies who still ties. Gave him two nice double guns too. My son-in-laws don't hunt or fish. I have a grandson who is 6 and just about ready to start so that will occupy some of my time. Started with a serious car accident 10 years ago then all my fishing buddies either died or quit fishing. I am not even 70 and I am too young to be in this spot but I am, none-the-less.

But I can still read. And I can still write. And when it hurts when I wake up in the morning, I know I am still on the green side.

One of the reason God gave us memories is that, someday, those are what we will cherrish. You can still close your eyes and go fishing wherever you want. And you can still tell stories around a campfire or the fireplace to who ever will listen. All is not lost and we here would certainly like to hear your stories. So don't loose touch. We can still live vicarously through our friends who fish. And good luck with your medical and financial problems. They will work themselves out. May God bless and keep you. And when you want to talk, you know we are your friends.

Bob