Quote Originally Posted by rayhill190 View Post
As we age sometimes our disability' catches up to us.Hopefully the memories stay with us.That is why I enjoy this site so much.I can continue to experience the travels thru the members.I am pretty sure I won't be fishing Patagonia but I can drift away occasionally here.
For sure brother. For sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
My father took up birding when he no longer was physically capable of flyfishing. It can be done anywhere, any time (well, mostly in daylight), at any level you desire, from just looking out the window to travel and listing and organized events. I figure it gave him a couple more years than he would have lasted without something interesting and changing for him to do.
Yep goes hand in hand with the photography. It is so hard for me to walk now so the long periods of sitting still suit birding quite well. I could sit on my front proch this summer and watch the bald eagles flying through the Susquehanna River valley doing their form of fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Stratton View Post
Eric,

I am still able to get out and wet lines, but I am older and the cold bothers me more each year. Losing the circulation in my feet cause some pain now no matter how many pairs of socks I wear. I prefer to fish for winter steelhead which is a young man's game. I know I have a few more years that I can fish for steelhead but even now the days are cut short. I no longer fish the river from sun up to sun down. It is only a matter of time before I will no longer be able to stand to the cold of a January morning fishing in the snow and wading waters with temps in the upper thirties. It will be then I pick up the camera full time. Even now I spend much of my fishing time documenting the sport of fly fishing for steelhead with images. I love fly fishing so much that I will continue to be involved in some form or another. I wish I could help in someway. If I were closer I would pick you up in the morning, tell you to grab your camera and lenses, we are going to shoot images of fly fishermen and the places they fish. It is the beauty of those places that trout live that give me a reason.

Peace,

Kerry
Kerry how I would love to do the photography things with you! It has become such a passion of mine that, just like fly fishing used to be, I thoroughly enjoy meeting other photographers. I did not buy my hunting license this year, first time in decades, because I cannot walk or stand while feeling that I am safe to be around with the firearm. I will continue to buy my fishing license and purchase a hinting license next year because that funding goes into a lot of good programs. Since I can no longer drag a deer out of the woods I think my firearm of choice will be my DSLR with a nice, fast lens on it.