Thread: So what do you do when you can no longer fly fish?

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hise View Post
    I'm 73 and will spend my 74th fishing in the Black Hills of South Dakota My last check up (last week)went well. Things are where they should be, even lost about 15 lbs. due to diet and exersize (need to drop about 5 more lbs). Last night I tied up a bunch of Zebra Midges to try on the Elk River this weekend.
    You will find me up in Louisville at the Kentuckiana Fly Fishing Expo working the "Hog Creek Furled Leader" booth on Jan 26th, then over to the BUFF show in Cinci. on the 2nd of Feb.
    Please give up all this negative "Doom and Gloom" posting and let us good guys carry on!
    Yes I have to use a bit more care when wading but we all should!!
    Well good for you, Jack. Hey you know I didn't really choose to be born with the diseases, hereditary diseases, I have that are now taking full hold on me. I am so happy that you are such a great model of a human being that you can control what fully diseases are active in you and what ones aren't.

Then again you aren't dealing with the issues I am while I still manually man handle 180-1,000lb pallets of freight 10 hours a day for the military like I do. try picking and packing all that freight for 10 hours a day, standing on a concrete floor, after I take out 8 discs in your back, strip all the calcium out of your system, destroy the interlocking facets on your vertebrae and so forth.

You know you just did me a big favor. You just helped me make up my mind on another item I was pondering. Since you don't want me to complain on this site, see Ya, I am gone. You are one of the ones that will get blindsided by it and if you survive it you will be on here crying the blues about loosing the sport you loved just like I am now. Oh, Jack, I almost forgot if being a good guy means being like you I would rather be bad to the bone any time. Means I won't be a drunk, arrogant old crab either.

Later.

Admin please deactivate this account.
    Last edited by Nighthawk; 12-19-2012 at 12:19 AM.