This fly has replaced the Hair-Wing Dun as my favorite mayfly. Visible, floats well and is pretty easy to tie. A variation on Charlie Craven's version; I'll sub a biot for dubbing every chance I can and I prefer doing the wing a bit differently (less bulky at the tie in and easier for me to splay the fibers).

hook - Dai Riki 320 #16
thread - Uni 8/0 tan
tail - hackle fibers light ginger
body - biot Pink Cahill
wing - Congo Hair white
thorax - beaver dubbing epeorus
hackle - light ginger

Part 1

mash barb, attach thread at 70% mark, wrap to point above barb and create a small thread bump

measure a bunch of hackle fibers for length (hook shank); I like a goodly amount for floatation (the picky fish that count tail fibers are beyond my ability anyway)

tie tail in with firm wraps to thread bump; if done correctly, fibers should tilt up a bit and splay

clip fibers off at initial tie in and smooth with thread wraps, then tie in (moistened) biot notch-edge down for segmentation (up if you're after a smooth body)

wrap biot forward and tie off

tie in hank of Congo Hair at 70% mark

orient hair perpendicular to hook shank with a few figure-8 wraps

pull wing fibers up and post wing with a few wraps at the base (don't go too far up the wing since you're going to want it to splay a bit; these wraps just help gather the fibers a bit)

apply a little vinyl cement (thinned) at the base and spread wing kinda like a compara-dun