+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any Furled line jigs?

I did reply, but in a PM.

I better chime in here. As a former educator, I found sitting back and letting a conversation go on its own sometimes generates more useful info than my tossing in questions. I've also had very limited internet access being at my daughter's home several days a week helping with the grandkids- Dad's deployed. I have been only able to follow some of the earlier parts of this thread. I just saw and handled my FIRST REAL TENKARA ROD about a half hour ago, Santa shipped it USPS. When Fly Goddess responded, I pm'ed some questions to her rather than display my IGNORANCE. I've read and recieved a WIDE responses from those using a single flourocarbon line to furled lines. John and Joni, use different thickenesses of thread. I am a tinkerer and part of my enjoyment is "making a lot of my tackle and flies". Thanks for the info, I'm going to play with some different ideas after the Holidays and know I'll have more specific questions later. Thanks and a Merry Christmas .Randall

Randall -

There are some other "jigs" shown on a thread on the Furling Forum. I thought about just providing a link to that thread, but it is not Tenkara specific.

Having said that, there is a wealth of information on the general subject of furling and some information regarding Tenkara lines / leaders on that Forum. I would encourage you to spend some time there before you start "tinkering."

John
    The fish are always right.

Randall,

I had previously sent you an email if you haven't already seen it.

have fun!
    "People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" -
    John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo

http://www.tenkaraflyfish.blogspot.com/

John I believe most of us use the same jig for Tenkara as our western leaders. I believe I have some pictures of my set up in the furling thread. Mine is three pieces with a removeable middle piece. This allows me to make a line up to 13.5 feet without having to make two seperate lines conjoined. Randall if the pictures aren't available on the thread let me know. It is set up so I don't have to hang my lines to relax them.

Brandon

Got it- Thanks

+ Reply to Thread