+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Name that Fly

Hybrid View

I would also say that Water boatman was the first thing to come to mind. Because he bought it in a fly shop doesn't mean that you will find it on the net. A lot of shops sell local flies with local names. If yours delivers lots of fish for you then name it what you want.
    There are moments when, whatever be the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees.
    R.Y.

Quote Originally Posted by desertman View Post
    I would also say that Water boatman was the first thing to come to mind. Because he bought it in a fly shop doesn't mean that you will find it on the net. A lot of shops sell local flies with local names. If yours delivers lots of fish for you then name it what you want.
    I agree with your comment about local shops. The fellow who had the flies lived in Burns, OR. When I saw the fly I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it as I was catching all the crappie I wanted on a leech. His fly sank fairly fast & may have been weighted. Also it was well used and may have had more legs when new. So while I will not know for sure the name I will tie up some for my partner and tell him they are probably either a variation of the boatman or girdle bug.

Also if your interested lookup Rock Creek Reservoir on the road between Hart Mountain & French Glen. It also has some nice rainbows.

Tim

I have been laughing for about 5 minutes and have calmed down enough to type now. I live in Burns, Oregon and am pretty sure that I know who that was. I will see what I can find out. Our Fly Shop here sells several local flies that you can't get elsewhere. Rock Creek is one of my fishing holes.
    There are moments when, whatever be the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees.
    R.Y.

OK it was a water boatman burks. The local shop ties a couple of versions of this and they sold well last summer.

http://www.feathermerchants.co.nz/product/pb_14072.html Check it out.
    R.Y.

Thanks. Hope to get out there again this coming summer.

Tim

+ Reply to Thread