+ Reply to Thread

Thread: glue or thread to bind peacock

Hybrid View

Default glue or thread to bind peacock

I have always attached peacock with a wrap but then wind a spiral thread through the peacock. I have never had a problem with this procedure but notice few use it and now lean toward various glues. What I am doing doesn?t appear to be fatal but would like your opinions.

If I'm not ribbing the peacock with wire, I usually twist it around the thread and wrap it as one. I know Wally's big into Crazy glue under a lot of his bodies; wrap peacock in that stuff and it's capillary action in action.

Regards,
    Scott

I've always used the Alex Jackson method of making a peacock herl rope. Tie in several peacock herls along with a loop of thread. Clip my hackle pliers to the butts and thread loop, then spin with a shepherds hook until a chennile like rope is formed. The thread reinforces the herl and you can add all sorts of other materials to get fancy.

Wally does love the Crazy glue but that much would knock me out. Craig Mathews also wraps right through the peacock. I can see how the other methods would protect the peacock from breaking and ruining the wrap but it can also burn a lot of time.

Cool

I have seen Davie McPhail wrapa single herl rib it in a light coat of uv resin. It sure looks great

nothing wrong with the way you do it either ScottP

+ Reply to Thread