+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: J. A. R. S. ...

Poor fishies, gotta start trying to ID the JARS again. Missed your left thumb. How's the snowpack looking?

Now I can quit struggling with those tails!

I had really good success with JARS style stonefly nymphs this year. Pretty much like yours, but without the tails and I used a blackish sparkle yarn for the extended body and for the wrapped thorax. I've got to tie some more of them for our winter season which starts Jan 1st.

I also had good success with JARS-style furled extended body nymphs for matching large burrowing mayflies like Isonychia and Brown Drakes.

Reviving this very old thread. The last post was almost 3.5 years ago, but this recent video brought it back to mind for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=KOyd9Dw5KAU

I loved JohnScott's "FEB" method, but could never get the tails incorporated consistently. The technique shown in this video forms an similar extended body with tails. I haven't got my head around the geometry, but the method in this video sure seems work more consistently, easier for me.

Thanks for posting, I'm in the same boat. The tails look much easier to incorporate in this extended body.

+ Reply to Thread