+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Orvis Clearwater

Default Orvis Clearwater

Well, after alot of consideration and not alot of money I purchased a 2pc.7'9"5wt.Clearwater.I wanted something the right length and weight for Bluegill/brooktrout/ocassional big fish. What I bought was a great rod!Of the bamboos that I have cast this rod is close to a boo action. I actually like fishing it better than my St.Croix Avid 5wt. Of course they are different actions.The best part is that I got it for 25% off in Orvis' June special.The rod looks alot better in hand than in the catalog too.Just thought I'd pass this info on.God Bless and Good Fishin!

The Clearwater 7'9" 5 wt. use to have the same flex rating as the Superfine Far and Fine. (5.5)

The Clearwater now has a flex rating of 6.5. I don't know what that means as far as castability goes. Does it mean the higher flex rating does not bend as deeply into the blank?

The FnF is the best rod I have ever fished for the conditions you discribe.

Congrats on your new rod.

I beleive this one has the 6.0 rating.As I understand flex rating does have to do with how deeply the rod flexes.

Yea, that's a nice rod for the money. I have a couple Orvis rods myself and am totally please with the cheaper one I have. The Frequent Flyer in a 8'6" 4 weight mid flex 7.5. Great little packable rod that feels great in hand and cast like a dream.. Very pleased with this product for the money I spent.

nighthawk Guest

I have a 9', 8wt, 6.0 mid flex and I love it. Plenty of back bone and you can cast it all day long. Great rod.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

American veteran and proud of it!

+ Reply to Thread