mathcarver,

All my relatives on my Dad's side are from Mississippi and you have some great fly fishing there for warm water fishing especially for bluegill and shellcrackers!

Of the choices you listed, I have the Peak and can highly recommend it. I have no experience with the other vises you listed, so, I cannot compare them to the Peak. One thing you need to know is that there is no "hope this will be the last vise I buy"! : ) I have been tying for over 20 years and own a Regal, HMH, Peak, Renzetti and several other cheaper "knock-off" vises. Fly tying is an addiction and death is the only out! : )

No one here can tell you which vise is best for your situation but you. I only recommend the Peak because I do own one and tie on it everyday. It is well made and is rotary which you may find useful. The best thing for you to do is go to the Bass Pro Shop and sit down and play/tie on several vises in your money bracket and choose which one best "fits" you.

Just remember: "There is no such thing as the last vise I will ever buy". Please keep us posted on what you decide on. I, for one, would be interested in knowing which vise and why.