Well I bit the bullet, or should I have said the vise, and got a Peak. I looked at one or two others and talked with several people in fly fishing area that had a Peak and they loved theirs just as several of you had indicated. Santa is bringing it on his sled but I had an opportunity to slip it out of Santa's gift bag and tied one fly. I think I'm in love. Never having had a good vise before I love it. By the way, the first fly I tied was a Chilli Pepper that Tony Spezio ties. I finally got a chance in October of this year to go fishing with Tony and caught my first trout ever and it was on a Chilli Pepper saw I thought it was fitting that first fly tied on new vise should be that fly. Sorry I got so wound up and such a long post but I am tickled beyond explanation. I want to say a big hearty thanks to all of you who chimed in an helped this old country boy out. I have never ask anything on this site that I didn't get a lot of help on topic and that means a lot to me. Now I have got to hurry and get it back in Santa's bag before he finds out it is missing. Once again thanks you are all a great bunch of people. mathcarver.