Darn! i was hoping I wouldn't need a rebuttal, I'd rather talk about Glass rods, but the towns that have been in the Delaware Valley for generations and the people who lived and still live in them deserve a friendly word. Sure, it would be wiser if they moved out, and they may very well have if two enormous dams were not built on the headwaters of the Delaware 40 or so years ago. Granted, New York built them for water supply for New York City. But Water Supply and Flood Protection are not mutually exclusive objectives. In fact, if priorities are set right, they can be mutually inclusive. The 2 major priorities should be drinking water and flood protection. The cottage industries that have appeared as a result of the new "tailwater fishery" should be near the bottom of the priority list. In wet years and normal years, efforts should be made to keep the maximum capacity of the reservoirs at no more than 80%, leaving the rest for flood control. If this screws up the fishing below the dams, so be it. In periods of drought priority should be given to maintaining an adequate supply of drinking water for NYC. This is not rocket science! Reasonable people working together can meet these goals! These reservoirs are enormous. There is really no reason to keep them at 100% capacity for long periods of time.

Nothing could be done to stop the flooding above the dams, but much could have been done to alleviate any flooding below them. Let's not let it happen again!

Bob