+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Orlando wk Dec 17

Default Orlando wk Dec 17

My family and I have 1 day to fish in the area.

Looking for bluegill or bass or exotics peacock??

Wading or shore access preferred.

Can someone tell me or give me hints as to where to go?

Tenkara equipment will be the order of the day for this trip!
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne.

"When you know, to know that you know, and when you do not know, to know that you do not know - that is true knowledge..." Charlie Chan (author Earl Derr Biggers ...Behind That Curtain 192.

No peacocks that far north, sorry to say. Since you are using tenkara, that will pretty much limit you to freshwater.
    Are you staying at a motel? If so, try the retention ponds, usually some nice gills in them. and bass also.

I have only been fishing in the area once and that was chunking plastic worms for bass with a guide. I did a little investigating and this would be one of the more interesting and affordable options in the area IMHO.
    http://kingslandingfl.com/wekiva-river-info/
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

I'm not sure a Northerner wants to wade fish the lakes down there. The water seems to be full of poisonous snakes and gators. Actually, I did try it once in January while visiting my parents. I spooked a reasonably small gator who went one way almost as fast as I went the other. I decided not to keep going lest I find a bigger one.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

I live in PA by choice - born -n- raised in South Texas. Lived in Florida for a bit until I got over it.

Oh - and bitten by a Water Moccasin and survived after a 7 day hospital stay. I hate those critters.
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne.

"When you know, to know that you know, and when you do not know, to know that you do not know - that is true knowledge..." Charlie Chan (author Earl Derr Biggers ...Behind That Curtain 192.

I certainly have a healthy respect for all venomous serpents myself and have usually dispatched them when that option was available. The probability of wading around the Orlando area or even bank fishing is not real good other than private ponds. I hate I was not aware of the link I found when I was traveling down there, although I am not at all a fan of canoes.

BTW, the game warden are not real tourist friendly from what I saw, so be legal when fishing down there.

BTW, the game warden are not real tourist friendly from what I saw, so be legal when fishing down there.[/QUOTE]
    They aren't real nice to anyone fishing without a license... LOL

[/QUOTE]They aren't real nice to anyone fishing without a license... LOL[/QUOTE]

Not that, they were I thought a little agressive checking out a local well know guide with 3 clients. I think I would have been a little more trusting of a reputatable local guide, swing by do a visual for pfd's, illegal alcohol and not insist on checking everyone's license. The large industry in FL is tourist, act like you are happy to see them.

I have been checked 2 of the last 3 trips to my local lake, both officers were nice and courteous. I have a buddy that is a guide and they check him pretty regular. and his license covers all people fishing in the boat when he is on a charter.
    There is a place down here where they are pretty strict on checking , but that is due to people catching a limit of crappie, going home and dropping them off, and going back for another limit.
    Although the tourist industry is important here, the rules still need to be adhered to, tourist or local, we all need to just obey the regs. And some of the guides down here think they own the water which is a sore spot with me. Not all, but some.

+ Reply to Thread