If we wade or wet wade with a contagious communicable disease are we putting our felllow fly fishers and the environment at risk? I mean think about Typhoid Mary. Another factor is are we putting our weakened immune system at risk of cotracting something in the environment that we could normally fight off. Somthing that could enter through a lesion on the skin, mucous membrane, eyes or even injested by accident?

I am not worried about myself but more of any harm I may casue someone else or the environment. I have active MERSA through open sores on my legs. Now bear in mind please that other physical factors have put an end ot my wading/fly fishing in general. However even if I could do it I don't know if I am putting other fishers and the environment at risk even if I wear my waders. I would hate to think that I brought harm to another person or to the critters in the creek. I surely do think that an extra level of sterilization of the inside of my waders would be a good precaution too.

So when we wade are we putting others, our selves or the environment at risk?