Hi all. I jut got back from the doctor. A few days back I had an "ulcer" turn up on the left shin. Didn't think too much of it as these things are fairly common with diabetics and we keep antibiotics on hand just in case this happens. Well the ulcers got worse and we think I had cellulitis because both of my legs/feet turned fire red. Oral antibiotics took care of the cellulitis but the ulcers got worse with them being very sore, constantly oozing fluid So I got in to see my doc today.

Doc is not happy that I waited. She said this needed to go to the emergency room instead of waiting on an appointment with her. She took a culture of the sore, changed the dressing on it for me, gave me some really strong antibiotics. She is convinced that my M.E.R.S.A. Infection (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) has returned. She is convinced that my diabetes is aggravating the situation too even though my blood glucose numbers look good. At this time I am home again but this could result in my being hospitalized. If we don't get it stopped in time well, this is the stuff that results in us diabetics loosing legs and feet. It's not that bad yet but it could very easily get there.

This is really wearing me down physically. I am exhausted. Folks with all of the super germs we have out there today, diabetes or not, if you get something like this don't wait for the doctor, get medical help now. If this goes systemic I will be hospitalized in a fight for my very life. Doc thinks she caught it early and so do I.