+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions on a Trip

Hybrid View

Default Suggestions on a Trip

This July I will turn 30. My wife, being the wonderful wife she is, told me she wants to plan a trip for me. We can't afford something super extravagant so I'm trying to figure out some options. I'm not much of a trout fisher but I can't rule something like that out. Mostly I just want fun!

I'm from Minnesota. The one idea I have is to take a trip out to Hayward WI and maybe get a guide for a day. The downside is I dont know how fishable it is for a fly angler without a boat or a drift boat even. I have a 16' lund boat that I could bring if that would work.

Any thoughts of what else I could do. I wouldn't mind traveling a little bit too. I mean farther that wisconsin.

How about the Michigan fish-in in late June in Grayling? Checkout the fish-in page for more information and an idea of the kind of fishing to expect though it varies from year to year.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Rainbowchaser has a good idea. A bunch of us have been gathering there to fish the Au Sable and Manistee Rivers since 2006. We would be glad to show you around and share what we know about the area.

I think Hayward is a good idea. You might want to give these guys a call. http://www.haywardflyfishingcompany.com/
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Quote Originally Posted by Arkman View Post
    This July I will turn 30. My wife, being the wonderful wife she is, told me she wants to plan a trip for me. We can't afford something super extravagant so I'm trying to figure out some options. I'm not much of a trout fisher but I can't rule something like that out. Mostly I just want fun!

I'm from Minnesota. The one idea I have is to take a trip out to Hayward WI and maybe get a guide for a day. The downside is I dont know how fishable it is for a fly angler without a boat or a drift boat even. I have a 16' lund boat that I could bring if that would work.

Any thoughts of what else I could do. I wouldn't mind traveling a little bit too. I mean farther that wisconsin.
    South Dakota is on my bucket list. That wouldn't be too bad for you.

<psssst ... ummm .... Steven?? There are no trouts in South Dakota .... just sayin'!>
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Oh yeah, I forgot.

Yah ... oh, well ... it happens! Sure looks trout-y, and it's an awfully pretty state .... s'pecially that western part!!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Blog Entries

Alaska

If you only have a hammer the Whole World looks like a nail...

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post
    <psssst ... ummm .... Steven?? There are no trouts in South Dakota .... just sayin'!>
    Hey Betty, for a lot of years, I've been meaning to ask...

If there are no trouts in South Dakota, what are those fish I've been catching in the Black Hills all these years?

Royce

+ Reply to Thread