+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scotty pontoon mounts

Hybrid View

Default Scotty pontoon mounts

I use Scotty rod holders for my fly rods.

Have several. I mounted them to the rear deck on my X5

The Renegade however is limit as to where you can mount them with no frame. The tube mounts are okay but again limited to where you can mount them when you add the fact it has oars.

So I found out, there are glue on mounts. I glued one on the back and one on the front area

This is also the same mount for the Scotty Anchoring system, however, due to the weight of the Anchor, the tube mount strap on is a better choice.

The I found a Scotty Camera mount. It has te thumb screw for any camera, and the slide slot for a GoPro.

Time to glue one more mount on the other side.

Using the Scotty camera mount which is for traditional screw in mount or the GoPro clip. I went to Scheels and bought a Scotty extension.
    So with use of that and a small piece of PVC I came up with a mount for my Go Pro.
    I have the wifi remote set-up so I am able to operate the camera from my wrist.
    I bought the three rod holder tree by Scotty and set it up with two inner mounts for my rods and outer for the camera.

This is what it takes as far as picture

Tell us about that motor mount, Joni...at least I think that is what I see.

It is a universal motor mount offered from NFO. East to attach to any of the frameless boats.
    It is an Aluminum frame with that synthetic deck material for the motor mount. Weather and water will not hurt this.

They attach with three cam straps to the existing D rings on the boats .
    The back:

The sides

From the back

Here is the Assault and the Assault XX

BUT!!!!! Look what will be available in 2013
    GLUE ON!

Oh and on this topic, also for 2013....the Predator .....boat weight.....5 lbs (made out of Heart Valve material so strong stuff, but light)

I know I sound like an ad, but we just visited the factory on the way home. The post was about Scotty....really

This makes it all worth it ....

Enjoyed the post, Joni. Is the Outlaw Assault the smaller version ?? Almost got one this past summer, but the arrangements kind of fell through the cracks. Maybe next spring.

John

P.S. Twenty four mile ??
    The fish are always right.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    This makes it all worth it ....

Enjoyed the post, Joni. Is the Outlaw Assault the smaller version ?? Almost got one this past summer, but the arrangements kind of fell through the cracks. Maybe next spring.

John

P.S. Twenty four mile ??
    The Assault is smaller. it is narrower as well. It is 8' long and the Renegade in the picture is 9'. Thing is, the Renegade is like 38 lbs and the Assault is 35.
    There are the LITE versions as well new for 2013. The Rebel is the new light weight Renegade weighing in at like 15lb I think.
    http://youtu.be/M6nyuRaUrDQ

+ Reply to Thread