+ Reply to Thread

Thread: a little QC help please

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default a little QC help please

My laptop died on me, so I got a new desktop with multiple screens and lots of pixels. I'm still loading software and finding LOTS of settings that need to be corrected on the new system. If you find errors on the Nov 19 issue please let me know, as it's probably something I forgot to set.

Blog Entries

Oh and as a side note. Windows 8 has a couple cool features, but for a non touch screen... ick. Why doesn't Microsoft actually listen and test these things out? If they do... they should rethink their competency in testing..

Ron,

Check out Start8 from Stardock software. I've been hearing really great things about this software restoring a "Windows 7" desktop experience to Windows 8 and disabling of some of those touch screen only features. Only $4.99 and it has a free 30 day trial, and can be downloaded from http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/. The scuttlebut I'm hearing from my Microsoft friends is that the lack of a start menu though is likely to be short lived as it is killing sales of Windows 8.

Brian
    "My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him, all good things - trout as well as eternal salvation - come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy." Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It

Quote Originally Posted by rtidd View Post
    Why doesn't Microsoft actually listen and test these things out? If they do... they should rethink their competency in testing..
    Why should they pay their staff to test this stuff out when there are thousands of guys like you who will do and let them know what they need to change?
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread