Zebra Midge plus (one step). Got this from the old Fly Fisherman forum (tied as the Flux Capacitor); they don't get much easier, or more effective (especially for tailwaters).

hook - MFC 7045
thread - Uni 8/0 red
body - Flashabou red
rib - Artistic Wire 34 gauge (equivalent to Ultra Wire small) purple
head - glass bead red

Mash down barb and slide bead on shank

tie in thread

and then wire (try to keep it on top of the hook shank)

wrap thread to position halfway down the hook bend, tie in Flashabou (this is the extra step). I like to fold a piece over and tie in the 2 tips; I find it easier to cover the hook shank with 2 strands of the Flashabou at once.

wrap the Flashabou forward and tie off at the head

wrap wire forward evenly spaced (I half-hitched the thread behind the bead, hung the bobbin in the cradle and rotated the vise head for easier control of wire wraps; no reason you can't do it stationary, but since I got this rotary thing, I might as well use it)

helicopter wire to break it, cover with a few thread wraps, brush with Sally and you're done

same fly sans bead

and in reverse color scheme

I was amazed how effective Zebras (and their cousins) were the first time I fished them; used on a 2-fly rig with a larger scud/sowbug it was 50/50 as to which fly the fish took. Some tie them down to #22's but I caught plenty on a #20 and it's a lot easier to slide a glass bead on the slightly larger hook.

Regards,
Scott