+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ararat river in Mt Airy NC

Default Ararat river in Mt Airy NC

Well me the wife and daughter just came back from a well deserved two day getaway and I had read that the corps had did some work to the Ararat.Boy did they how they hauled those big boulders and placed them is a mystery,what it did do is redirect some channels made some nice deep pools where there was flat dead water and with stockings I did find several numbers of poded fish but were hard to coax.Had there noses down and wouldn't rise for anything.Did get a few hits on a dry midge to a few rising.I think this will be a better oct-march local mostly because the locals won't be bait chunking in the winter time.Anyone with questions on where to look buzz me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Well me the wife and daughter just came back from a well deserved two day getaway and I had read that the corps had did some work to the Ararat.Boy did they how they hauled those big boulders and placed them is a mystery,what it did do is redirect some channels made some nice deep pools where there was flat dead water and with stockings I did find several numbers of poded fish but were hard to coax.Had there noses down and wouldn't rise for anything.Did get a few hits on a dry midge to a few rising.I think this will be a better oct-march local mostly because the locals won't be bait chunking in the winter time.Anyone with questions on where to look buzz me.
    What makes you think the local yokels won't be worm plunking and corn chucking Thomas?
    Doesn't seem to stop them on any other delayed harvest streams!
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

Saw two guys near the school side by side other than that no one else.Hope the cold weather will keep em in.I think the big hoopla is for the local motels and restruants to get more business over this than anything else.

When the water cools the fish don't feed on top as much. Try a squirmy wormie or egg pattern on the DH streams.

+ Reply to Thread