+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Piezo-electric bug bite relief

Blog Entries

Default Piezo-electric bug bite relief

On a whim I bought this little device at Whole Foods; a piezo-electric bug bite zapper. Well, it surely works well for us. For chigger, mosquito and other bug bites you hold this little device over the bite and click. it passes an electric current through the bite and apparently neutralizes the poisons or chemicals because the itching stops pretty well instantaneously.

The whole family is coming around looking for it now.

Thought I'd pass this on, anglers probably get bug-bit more than most.

------------------
    RRhyne56
    [url=http://www.robinscustomleadersandflies.com:5c964]Sweetness On The Water[/url:5c964]
    [url=http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/wild/species/bgl/:5c964]Good Ol? Lepomis Macrochirus[/url:5c964]

Blog Entries

I used to use a product called afterbite which works quite well. Then someone told me that it was household ammonia in a conveinient container.
    During a community barbeque when I was about 10 I was stung by several wasps. An old timer cut a onion in half and pressed it on the bites. It was amazing how quickly that onion worked to ease the pain.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

nighthawk Guest

Here's another one. Jewel Weed, sometimes called Touch-Me-Not. Break off a stem and rub on bite repeatedly until itch goes away. Works good to prevent rash after exposure to poison ivy too.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

American veteran and proud of it!

Robin,
    That sounds really cool. If I needed it, and it was handy, I would use it. BUT, here's the caviat. My brother used to sell TENS units. That is an accronym for Transcutaneous Electronic Nerve Stimulation. He would hook me up to this devise and turn the juice on. I felt like I was getting a mild charlie-horse in the effected area. After the treatment he told me to poke myself with a needle where the charlie-horse was. I did, and I felt nothing. I'm just wondering if your electric bug bite zapper is effecting the nerves rather than the bug bite itself. No matter, like I said before; "If I needed it, and it was handy, I would use it."
    Thanks for the post.

------------------
    Life, is the time He gave you to determine where you want to spend eternity.
    ----------
    Lotech Joe
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

+ Reply to Thread