Rawthumb.... You are right on, that is Fred Tellen, IMHO one of the best guides on the Kenai... I fish alot all over Alaska, and do the Kenai by myself, but also hire Fred to take me a few times a year. In this case, we had a bunch of visitors up from America, so I hooked up a charter with Fred for their visit. I learn alot from Fred each time I fish, and no doubt he came through with putting me on a big trout.

BTW, I fished the Kenai by myself yesterday out of my cataraft, and hooked a 27" +/- rainbow, (a couple inches smaller than the pictured fish) but I had a issue: I was by myself, against a tight brushy bank, and fast flowing water. I played the fish for 10 minutes or so, and tried to work him in for a photo, but alas, he fooled me when I thought he was tired and had him in nearly hands reach, he flipped his head, spit the fly and boogied. Great fun, but if I was with Fred, he would have that wonderful big rubber net so we could safely remove him for a quick snapshot.

BTW, the fish pictured was out of the water for less than 30 seconds. Just the way I like it.

edit: BTW2 I am not a fish guide, just a working stiff with a fishing addiction

------------------
Flying Fisherman in AK

[This message has been edited by Flyboy@ak (edited 26 June 2006).]