+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: What rod would you want if the manufacturer would give you one? (bamboo excluded)

Don't know if this has already been said or not,(I didn't read the whole thread) but the one I would want is the one I already have, {rule of the thread broken here) it is a cane but it is the one I would want...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

I've thought quite a bit about this one and still can't make up my mind.

But I've think I've narrowed it down.

I think I'd like one of those new, fast, light rods....like the Sage One or the new Orvis Helios 2.
    On the other hand the Sage Circa is supposed to be nice and soft.

I haven't cast any of these rods, so I'd have to do that to make up my mind.
    Maybe I should head out to the fly shops and cast some of them......you know, in case one of the manufacturers wants to give me one.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Wow I am so impressed with the ignorance, arrogance and lack of tact you and your cronies demonstrate. Zero sense of humor there hero. Have fun with your little post and you childish games you play little boy.
    Wow! Having a bad day?

I don't always comment in response to Byron's posts, but I think his posts (and particularly those that he makes in the Fly Tying section) are among the best on this entire bulletin board. I'm not one of his cronies, but I am one of his admirers.

And, in response to the original question, I'd like to have a Berkheimer rod. Perhaps one of his spey rods.

John

Quote Originally Posted by bgreer View Post
    I've thought quite a bit about this one and still can't make up my mind.

But I've think I've narrowed it down.

I think I'd like one of those new, fast, light rods....like the Sage One or the new Orvis Helios 2.
    On the other hand the Sage Circa is supposed to be nice and soft.

I haven't cast any of these rods, so I'd have to do that to make up my mind.
    Maybe I should head out to the fly shops and cast some of them......you know, in case one of the manufacturers wants to give me one.

Brian

You do realize that you have a choice on action with the Helios. I have a very nice Mid flex 7.5

I've read about the mid and tip flexes.

Most of the reviews that I've heard or read is that people seem to like the tip flexes in lighter rods (4 or 5wt) and mid flexes in the heavier (8-9).

I'd like to spend a whole afternoon checking out each one!

Mine is a 6 but I would stick with that flex in all sizes. Works for me.

8'6" 5 weight midflex Orvis Helios2, should be here in a week or so, then I just sit here and look at it all winter.... And yep, I did cast one of the demo rods. Just awesome!

I have not to my knowledge even seen the McFarlin rods, only heard about them here - who, what, and where please?

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFisher View Post
    I have not to my knowledge even seen the McFarlin rods, only heard about them here - who, what, and where please?
    http://www.mcfarlandrods.com/dsp_spruce.php

There you go LadyFisher........
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFisher View Post
    Did you mean McFarland rods?
    This is all I have seen:
    http://www.mcfarlandrods.com/

+ Reply to Thread